Instagram can take its double standard and **** off

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old thread I know, but have someone managed to lift the restrictions about posting kitchen knives on Instagram?
My account cannot be recomended on search and shown to non followers since February. Thanks

Pablo

Appeals generally dont work unless something changes. For me i had 4 posts flagged with same hashtags. Edited and deleted all hashtags and was cleared on appeal. This or delete flagged posts. Ultimately there isn't a solution atm and we will start seeing this impact the whole community more and more moving forward

First time I saw 5 posts about culinary knives flagged, deleted all them, waited some days and then 5 more were flagged, I see no point deleting all my knife posts as I'm using the profile to show my work...

Same here...I don't know what we can do against it... IG is no fun anymore. At the same time I see ads from knifemakers in my feed, which is okay because they pay for that 😉
And on the other hand there are half naked lady's in my search feed but that's also okay because it's not against their guidelines 😄

It's so stupid 🙄

This really sucks. I’ve heard the Knifetalk hosts complaining about the same issues and trying to get creative with how they posted.

I’d personally much rather see 🔪 than 🍑
1712841844795.png

We have seen way too many examples where people get their livelihood endangered because of some AI-bot moderators (often by attack by AI bots - especially if the channel/account in question is critical towards certain country) on social networks (FB, IG, YT, you name it).

Still can't be found on search if I put my IG name, but then I see this notification and I'm puzzled, am I blocked or not??

Pablo

Screenshot 2024-04-12 233041.jpg
photo_2024-04-12_23-34-07.jpg

I had mine lifted after appealing and I didn’t edit or delete anything. Some of the images were wood products as well.

I’m not really sure how much longer until the next strike with eventually closure of my account?

It may be necessary to move to a completely different platform entirely as things look rather grim.

I’ve been battling ig for about 6 months now with no avail. I’ve appealed, removed, even signed a petition and shared it trying to get some traction. Every time I remove the posts they flag, I just get 5 more flagged. Maybe we could post the petition here to try and help makers?

This is with over 22k followers... Usually in a month a post or two used to reach over 10K and average was at least twice as that. Now IG congratulates me with only 2k... :rolleyes:

Pablo

1713657371732.png
1713657389066.png

Does instagram have a sort of soft censorship on certain tags?

For example if search for #sujihiki I can see there are 14.9k tags. However when I click it, I only see 6 pics total? Tested with someone elses phone/account and same thing. Anyone know why this happens?

Does instagram have a sort of soft censorship on certain tags?

For example if search for #sujihiki I can see there are 14.9k tags. However when I click it, I only see 6 pics total? Tested with someone elses phone/account and same thing. Anyone know why this happens?
I don't think they censor tags, their algorithm reads and views the content and based on this checks if within its guidelines, if someone uses the tag and its content is restricted, I guess that hashtag will be demoted in search.

What’s the name of your account? It’s not much but I’ll give you a follow.

My X and IG are the same: @peu_ar it will be difficult to add me since search does not return my account, maybe if you add the alias after the IG domain like you see when you check someone's profile. Thanks!!

Pablo

Back