Media Japanese Knife Book

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JGarrison

Reaction score
Any recommendations on a book that explains Japanese terms and nomenclature of Japanese style knives?

The Knifenerd Guide is an interesting read. Definitely explains the various types of Japanese knives, has a lot on forging techniques, some info on sharpening, and a small biography of a whole bunch of Japanese knife smiths, mostly from the Takefu region. The photography is excellent!

Haven't read this but stumbled upon it browsing their site. It could be sacrilegious for all I know. Maybe anyone has some feedback on it?

https://knifewear.com/products/the-knifenerd-guide-to-japanese-knives?variant=12486653902949
I am fairly new to Japanese knifes and sharpening. I bought this book a month or so ago and quickly read it cover to cover. If you have a lot of knowledge about knives and knife makers, you may not get as much out of it as I did. But I loved it and have referenced it a few times when looking at my next knife purchases.

Latest posts

Back