• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Jiro sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyBasel

KKF Sponsor
Reaction score
Will be getting a brand new Jiro 210 mm Gyuto - it’s an extra that I don’t need - have the 240 - here are specs:

• Jiro Tsuchime Japanese Chef Knife
  • Jiro Nakagawa Blacksmith, Nagano Japan
  • 210mm Gyuto Knife - Japanese
  • Shirogami #1 (White) High Carbon Steel
  • Soft Iron Clad
  • Tagayasan Japanese Style Handle
  • Hand-Crafted and Hand-Forged in Japan
  • Hand sharpened using sword polishing technique
  • Finish sharpened on Uchigumori
  • Each Knife is Hand Engraved (on Tang and/or Blade):
    • Jiro San's Marking
    • Individual Serial Number
    • Date of Manufacturer
  • Each knife is supplied with hand written note, showing:
    • Serial number
    • Knife shape / profile
    • Knife steel
    • Handle shape
    • Knife size
    • Date of manufacture
  • 218mm Blade Edge Length / 370mm Overall Length / 4.9mm Blade Thickness / 52mm Heel Height / 234g

1590244884358.jpeg
    1590244884358.jpeg

I will provide the serial number as well. Knife retails for USD 620 and i am selling this brand spanking new knife for USD500 including shipping

Interesting you sell it before having gotten it. Since they are too different I would need more pictures and a choil shot.
Theoretically could you send it in Germany, so I don't have to pay taxes?

Interesting you sell it before having gotten it. Since they are too different I would need more pictures and a choil shot.
Theoretically could you send it in Germany, so I don't have to pay taxes?

Hi,

I got 2 Jiro by accident. I am getting a 240 mm. But the 210 they sent by sea by mistake so they send me the 240 As well

since I have 2, and I only need 1, I am selling the 210.

germany shipping is no problem as I am in Basel - I can drive it over:) depending on where you are.

thanks

If you compare both Jiros, the one from Protooling OP bought and hitohiras #61, the specs fit but it's different picture when you look the lamination line and choil shot. So which photos did protooling use?

If you compare both Jiros, the one from Protooling OP bought and hitohiras #61, the specs fit but it's different picture when you look the lamination line and choil shot. So which photos did protooling use?
The one on Protooling is #11. They prob just showed a 'generic' 210 they had in their inventory that sold earlier. If the knife truly is #61, go by the specs and details on the Hitohira site for #61.

@JayS20 is correct - it was sold within minutes of posting - I had about 15 buyers lined up! I forgot to update - but sold many knives this weekend - so was updating. How do I change WTS to SOLD in the posting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back