• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Kaeru Kasumi Stainless Gyuto 210mm/240mm EU

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sdo

Reaction score
Hey guys,

looking for a Kaeru Stainless Gyuto 210mm or 240mm.

Trying here first before I pull the trigger and buy a new one. Would also consider trades.

Cheers!

I have one…..but not for sale ;-)

Probably the best value knife in my collection. You’re going to like it a lot.

I have one…..but not for sale ;-)

Probably the best value knife in my collection. You’re going to like it a lot.
Yeah, a few more guys say the same here. Very tempted to go for it!

Do you have the 210mm or the 240mm?

210 personally, and it’s a full 210. Fit and finish are on par with a Toyama I have, to the point I was wondering if the same workshop was involved.

Very nicely ground. Virtually the same amount of hagane exposed on both sides. I polished the primary (large bevel, I know there is debate on terminology) because I couldn’t help myself. It was convex from heel to tip, both sides, with no low spots. So thin at the edge right out of the box I can deflect it with my fingernail. I was very impressed by it.

Anything beyond the Kaeru line in a knife is just showing off. Pull the trigger on a new one.

Pretty enough to display, plain enough to bring on the line.

• Love
Reactions: Sdo
Damn! Now I really do have to buy one :D It really sounds nice.

Thanks for the detailed info, very helpful indeed. Still not sure on the size but maybe the 240mm this time as I already have quite a few 210's.

Will have trouble at home... and will blame you if you do not mind, Sir :D.

Cheers!

Back