• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Bought Kaiju (lmao)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkLobster

Banned
Reaction score
This is a far, far stretch (and the chances are slim to none) but I was inspired by someone who managed to find a Shig Chuka Bocho after a year or so of searching.

While I do not condone flipping (as someone who has been apart of many hobbies where this is prevalent), I believe that it is necessary to land a big catch like this.

Throw me a number and we'll work things out but you will be compensated handsomely.

Oh dang, you got one. Good for you! PM if you are willing to tell me how much you ended up paying. I would love to land one, but obviously they aren’t easy to land.

He paid well over $800
Big if true ;). For the time being, however, I don't plan on releasing the price that I paid due to personal reasons. I do have to note that one potential seller who reached out stated he, she, or they received offers in the $1200 to $1500 range.

That’s the price right there 2X+ original price

The seller is unloading his whole collection (knives and stones), but the selling amounts are astronomically high

So I passed and bought a custom made Hashimoto instead 😂

I think I saw that one too.
There's a gent, @Zweber12 , whom I would consider quite knowledgeable regarding Shig knives. He also has a beautiful website of all things shig. But I don't believe he has scored a yo handle version yet.

And my apologies for the off topic chatter here. Somebody should start a new thread "ISO Shig Yo Chuka", or something to that effect

Here is the Shig thread that everyone is curious about and I agree that we need a new thread for further discussions since this is now off the rails 😂

Shig Chuka Bocho

I think I saw that one too.
There's a gent, @Zweber12 , whom I would consider quite knowledgeable regarding Shig knives. He also has a beautiful website of all things shig. But I don't believe he has scored a yo handle version yet.

And my apologies for the off topic chatter here. Somebody should start a new thread "ISO Shig Yo Chuka", or something to that effect

Thanks, @marc4pt0 . Yeah, you can ask me anything about shig chukas and prices.. :)

Big if true ;). For the time being, however, I don't plan on releasing the price that I paid due to personal reasons. I do have to note that one potential seller who reached out stated he, she, or they received offers in the $1200 to $1500 range.
Congrats! Personally, I've no issue with sellers hiking prices for knives in high demand—a knife's worth as much as a buyer's willing to pay IMO. Looking forward to seeing your Kaiju in action! I'm envious.

Back