Kajiwara experience?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a soft spot for Tosa knives as, IME, the (potential) performance per dollar typically offsets the sometimes rather rough fit and finish. I've used a few Zakuri and Murata knives but Kajiwara is outside of my experience. Has anyone here used Kajiwara knives and would be willing to offer some impressions? I'm especially interested in their Funayukis and Nakiris in KU Aogami 1 or 2.

I liked the steel. I remember liking the edge taking. This is like 7 years ago.Now that I think about it Mark had them listed at 52mm tall and my first one arrived at 49mm and I made him exchange me for a another one.
They might’ve been somewhat similar to Moritaka in some ways. But don’t quote me on that.

I like that they make a Blue #1, which is pretty rare these days. I think the funayuki is a traditional single bevel.

Nah, the blue #1 is definitely single bevel.
Screenshot_20200210-174459~2.png

I had a 240 ku gyuto. Nice beefy knife. I had to do some thinning, especially on the tip. Performed very well afterwards & held an edge very well. I sold it to my sous chef. He loves it & still uses it daily.

Back