• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Kamon and Halcyon Pair

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Happy Sunday KKF,

I'm posting the following as a pair. Asking $2,700 $2,600.

Price includes fees and shipping. 3% discount for F&F. Priority will be given to US buyers. International buyers will pay shipping costs beyond $20.

Happy to answer any and all questions.

Detail:

Kamon PlainForged KU

Blade Length: 250mm
Heel Height: 57mm
Spine Thickness @ Heel: 5.75mm
Spine Thickness @ Mid: 2.51mm
Spine Thickness @ 2cm From Tip: .68mm
Weight: 242g
Steel: 1.2519, Plainforged KU
Grind: Convex (business [laser] in the front, party [wh] in the back. Can we call it a mullet grind?)
Handle Material: Viennese Walnut
Condition: Used, very good. First owner. Used sparingly by me, patina beginning to form. Original edge, never sharpened or stropped.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Halcyon Forge

Blade Length: 245mm
Heel Height: 52mm
Spine Thickness @ Heel: 2.77mm
Spine Thickness @ Mid: 1.91mm
Spine Thickness @ 2cm From Tip: 1.12mm
Weight: 225g
Steel: 1.2519 / Wrought Iron Clad (stone finished, light etch by Joe)
Grind: Light Workhorse / Heavier Midweight (heel shot makes it look like an uber workhorse, but it's more of a midweight. Joe describes the grind as workhorse.)
Handle Material: Spalted Maple
Condition: Used, very good. First owner, very light use by me. Slight patina starting to form. Original edge, never sharpened or stropped.

Last edited:
Two of the best to do it right here. Someone's going to be really happy with these. Extremely nice blades with very classy handles.

Latest posts

Back