• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Kato 240 Workhorse

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_7854.jpg

Gotta love movie night

I'm sure you aren't referring to my comments, as they were genuine questions.
Do you have any cards in this game or are you just here to stir the pot? Rick, as far as I know has been here for quite a while and who’s trust has never been questioned.

I had sent Rick an PM early on asking to buy the knife. I got a prompt reply saying it was withdrawn. That speaks volumes to me. If you trade and sell in J knives your at risk of getting a knife you think is exactly what it should be but it isn’t, you just don’t know enough about the item to realize that. This may be an earlier version of a WH or maybe it’s not as pristine as he thought it was. Either way he handled it above board.

I've danced with Kato and found her wanting so I don't pay much attention to the WTS threads for them. (Same thing w Shig) But now I've seen the sheetstorm that Matus has referred to the other moderators.

What part of the guidelines are some of the posters not getting????

Commenting.

The B/S/T forum is not a place for jokes, comments, discussions, recommendations, or suggestions on where to purchase products. The thread belongs to the original poster, do not de-rail or threadjack.

Questions. It is not uncommon for posters to leave out key information for purchasing decisions such as blade height, length, steel, etc. Questions to clarify the item being posted are welcome.

Positive comments. Positive experiences with the seller, the knife being sold or knifemaker are welcome to the extent that they may alleviate newer members concerns about buying a knife unseen from someone they likely don't know.

Negative comments in sales threads are forbidden and will result in revocation of B/S/T forum privileges. This includes -ANY unfavorable comment on member pricing, ANY impugning comment on the perceived quality of the knife or perceived defects or ANY disparaging comment on the knife maker or original vendor/seller. This is not the place to save the world from a perceived overpriced knife.

Intentional violation of this guideline will result in revocation of any participation in the B/S/T forums, without further warnings or discussion.

Violations of this guideline should be reported, using the "report post" button so that they may be resolved as quickly as possible."

*************************************************************************************
Matus and I have both done some pruning through the thread. Until someone can show otherwise (via pm) then we're assuming that the knife in question is offered in good faith by the OP. And that the knife in question may well be an earlier configuration than the configuration that is currently retailed. This happens.

Some of the posters are on the wrong side of bst for the first time, suggest you review the guidelines before you post to bst again. Others have been around a bit and should know better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back