• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD KATO KU 240

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YG420

Reaction score
Selling this Kato ku bought from Zahocho in 2021. This is the best performing Kato i have ever owned. It has great food release without being wedgy. Really nice profile and perfect dimensions for my style of use. It has seen some home use over the years but not alot since I have other knives and hasnt seen any use in a while. It has been touched up I'd say maybe 10 times at the very most on fine jnats but only due to wanting a super sharp and fine edge, and probably didnt even need it most of the time. I have probably dropped down to a 1k maybe 2-3 times. Ive played with the polish a few times to test out some jnats, but nothing major and no thinning. I gave it a really quick scrub on a shobu suita to remove some patina, but if the buyer wants i can polish it up some more. Also comes with og box and small wooden plaque with Katos kanji which i can snap a photo of later. Dimensions are aprox 235x50 and i can weigh it when i get home later. Paid over $1800 for it, price is $1550 shipped insured in the US, intl ill cover the first $25 for insured shipping at its full value. Thanks for looking!

IMG_6617.jpeg
IMG_6616.jpeg
IMG_6618.jpeg
IMG_6611.jpeg
IMG_6608.jpeg
IMG_6607.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6606.mov
    30 MB
Love mine. No disappointments with these blades. GLWS.

Curious what the weight is?

That was fast. Not surprised as these Kato Ku's will become increasingly more difficult to find.

Back