• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Kato Workhorse 270 Suji

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brainsausage

Reaction score
Well, it’s about time to let this ol’ Unicorn back into the wild. It’s seen some use and has some surface scratches from both light thinning and general cleaning. Nothing that a proper polish won’t take out. There’s also a minor ding on the spine near the choil.

This is one of if not the first of the early workhorse suji’s. It has the kanji stacked on the right hand blade face like the early gyutos used to.

The burnt chestnut handle is THE BEST of that variety that I’ve yet to come across. You have to handle it (heh) to see what I mean. (Panda is gonna kill me for not yanking the handle off this before selling this thing so don’t nobody tell him okay...?) Also comes with an excellent friction fit saya made by a member here on the forum. I’m blanking on the wood used.

Due to the rarity, current market value, and the fact that daddy has been exceedingly kind over the years in pricing his knives for resale- I’m pricing this at $1100 USD or best offer. Price includes priority shipping CONUS, insured at full value, and a complimentary t-shirt from the ol’ Salvage BBQ team. International buyers will have to consult with me first.

Here’s some shite pics as per usual!

IMG_2116.jpg

IMG_2117.jpg

IMG_2118.jpg

IMG_2135.jpg

IMG_2138.jpg

IMG_2145.jpg

IMG_2149.jpg

Wow, I don't have a use for a suji but I'm enamored. Can we get some specs like height, weight etc

Those first Katos certainly are special knives.
And i need a very large 2x...need to stop by the shop i guess.

Back