KKF counts to a million

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are evil, I'm not checking that page. I was not clear it seems, I'm only taking care of the interior, I wish it was as smooth as the exterior. The cooking surface is the roughest. I'm halfway done but could't finish as some rum drinking and domino playing at a friends place came up and we had to oblige :angel2:

542 the roughness can be problematic for delicate dishes such as some fish and egg. De Buyer Mineral B is your friend

I think I can make them smooth enough that the seasoning will cover any remaining small holes. But I still have a place for an intermediate sized pan, and lighter to boot.
:cheffry:

I had an interesting conversation with my neighbour. He saw me working hard on those and tried to guide me in the correct path by informing me that non-sticky pans are sold these days. When I told him I knew but preferred my cast iron for many applications he looked at me like I was completely nuts and didn't know what I was talking about. If only he knew my knives can rust...

545 You know, there is that kind of look you can put in your eyes that will clearly convey the message of "Yes, but these here are more effective for bludgeoning someone unconscious..." without losing plausible deniability :)

But in all seriousness, ask him if his Grill is non stick coated. If it isn't, make him think of WHY it isn't.

So much for trying to work outside this morning, got some hale coming down. Maybe later on the day.
22b6e999cc26e88448a9fb9aed1e7d1e.jpg

Today was the epitome of weather in Calgary, started off with some hale, then some rain, followed by a couple cm of snow and it is sunny now sigh.

550 Pics thus it happened
FIRST Robotics Steamworks 2017 - Lone Star North Competition

Playfield

Different tasks that can be accomplished - this one is getting the bot to climb a rope

The yellow things up on the airship are gears to turn the rotors. Gears/rotors was the vast majority of points teams ended up scoring off of

The team with the funny hats was the #1 seed team

Closest score of the playoff round, 280-279. The next game, the other team won by 2 points. Deciding game 3 was a blowout though XD

A couple of teams were able to also build bots that shot high goals (fuel) well - it was pretty awesome to see

Best hair goes to these guys XD

Damn, there is a mini-chef in this month BR lottery that has me seriously drooling, it looks like the perfect breakfast prep knife. I usually look at their stuff like a museum but this one was a lot more in range, only the timing is awful :sad0:

Well, even if I had bid I probably wouldn't have won... yes, that, I wouldn't have won anyways...

Damn, there is a mini-chef in this month BR lottery that has me seriously drooling, it looks like the perfect breakfast prep knife. I usually look at their stuff like a museum but this one was a lot more in range, only the timing is awful :sad0:

558 What's a BR Lottery?

559 I try to limit myself on the knives I take hard look at and bid for...while it would be really sweet to own any Bloodroot Blades knife, I feel like I wouldn't be satisfied getting a knife that isn't one of the lengths/shapes that I commonly use. 10x How I feel about the few santoku nakiri bunka I have, I guess...

559 I try to limit myself on the knives I take hard look at and bid for...while it would be really sweet to own any Bloodroot Blades knife, I feel like I wouldn't be satisfied getting a knife that isn't one of the lengths/shapes that I commonly use. 10x How I feel about the few santoku nakiri bunka I have, I guess...

I didn't have the $$ or else I might have bid for the first time, that one spoke to me like only super expensive ones had before. And I already enjoy using the Tanaka at 185mm that I own, I usually reach for it in the mornings when preparing breakfast. I just don't feel like waving a 240mm around just after waking up most of the time, and the amount of cutting is limited anyways.

562 (I don't know why my numbers show one off from how everyone else is posting...)
Nice, saw that one. Price was kind of reasonable as well? Just don't find a use for shorter blades...usually a chuka or a 230-270mm gyuto is already out on my board (yay for 1 person apt).
I may or may not have bid on one of the integral $1100 chef's knives...if I ever win one of BB's large blades then that'll be my knife purchases pretty much throttled for the year haha

562 (I don't know why my numbers show one off from how everyone else is posting...)
Nice, saw that one. Price was kind of reasonable as well? Just don't find a use for shorter blades...usually a chuka or a 230-270mm gyuto is already out on my board (yay for 1 person apt).
I may or may not have bid on one of the integral $1100 chef's knives...if I ever win one of BB's large blades then that'll be my knife purchases pretty much throttled for the year haha

563 OK went back to your robotics post and my follow up :scratchhead:, you have shown some perseverance :thumbsup:. The long blades are usually what I look at with museum mentality, I don't even contemplate the possibility. On top of that, my favourite blade always seems to be one with integral bolster...

565 I actually like and would use ~flatter profile (low to the board) 270mm blades, so I figured ehh why not bid on 'em. The integrals cost a good bit more, understandably. I've got a Dan Prendergast integral gyuto that I think is very comfy to hold and use, maybe partly on account of that blade face - integral bolster - handle connection being done well.

569 Morning. Just got done swimming into the office. :curse:

Minor vent - I am a daily commuter and buy monthly passes. If you are new/not used to taking public transportation DO.NOT give me the friggin stinkeye and sigh when I ask you to move your bags so I can, yanno, sit down!!! I doubt your bags bought a ticket. Sorry if you're uncomfortable having to keep them in your lap (not sorry - it's a 60+ minute train ride).

Back to normal programming.

569 Morning. Just got done swimming into the office. :curse:

Minor vent - I am a daily commuter and buy monthly passes. If you are new/not used to taking public transportation DO.NOT give me the friggin stinkeye and sigh when I ask you to move your bags so I can, yanno, sit down!!! I doubt your bags bought a ticket. Sorry if you're uncomfortable having to keep them in your lap (not sorry - it's a 60+ minute train ride).

Back to normal programming.

570 I know what you mean. I've had to literally push someone into a correct seating posture because even after being asked the guys sometimes just don't want to sit straight and insist in occupying half the contiguous seat in hopes I would give up I guess :curse:

Back