Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy for whoever gets this. Takada no Hamono is up there with Kono and Shig for F&F IMO.
Completely agree! Mitsuaki Takada really does a remarkable job.

Even if you are not into lasers (I’m not- more of midweight guy) give these knives a try. They have remarkable release and balance.

If you have a lineup that’s mostly workhorses and need that one finesse knife- Takada no Hamono Suiboku series is a Ferrari among Miatas

@Southpaw

yea i made him a very sexy offer and he declined, his loss

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-02 at 9.13.08 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-02 at 9.13.08 PM.png
    71 KB · Views: 100
Lol a 270mm Shigefusa Kasumi Gyuto up on eBay for 2 boxes of ziti!

I have a 240 kasumi, and I’m sorry they aren’t at the $2,000 level… a top level performer yes, worth 2K… I think not
That same knife is for sale in the classifieds here for $1600. Would this one be considered flipping? 🤔

That same knife is for sale in the classifieds here for $1600. Would this one be considered flipping? 🤔
No, I don’t think so. I’ve put knives up on here and on eBay. eBay takes a very large percentage from the seller. Ebay often will take up to 20% depending on how you have your item set up. So a knife he’s selling for 2K on eBay he’ll only walk away with $1600.

I don’t think he’s a flipper; eBay just sucks for selling expensive items.

I was thinking more about the price in general not about it being listed for more on FleaBay. $1600 is pretty steep for a Shig.....
I’m ashamed at how low I’ve sold some knives given where the prices have gone. Sigh. But yeah. That’s super steep imo. Bought my first Shig under 500.

Back