Knife purchases... when drunk.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatboylim

Reaction score
Too little sleep and a few too many drinks... makes me wonder what is on BST.

What knife did you buy when a little too tipsy to hold back.

So far for me:
Hiromoto honyaki (glad I did),
rare size Shigafusa 180mm Santoku (always wanted to try one amd damn good),
Singatirin honyaki (glad I did),
Denka gyuto (glad I did).
Hiromoto AS with Spa treatment (best handle so far).

How about you?

180 mm honkayi mukimino would be my biggest *** purchase. Luckily he let me switch it to a 240mm gyuto. I also bought the Thor cleaver on a drunk whim.

Too little sleep and a few too many drinks... makes me wonder what is on BST.

What knife did you buy when a little too tipsy to hold back.

So far for me:
Hiromoto honyaki (glad I did),
rare size Shigafusa 180mm Santoku (always wanted to try one amd damn good),
Singatirin honyaki (glad I did),
Denka gyuto (glad I did).
Hiromoto AS with Spa treatment (best handle so far).

How about you?

So you're the one that's always a step ahead of me picking up all the things I wanted. :viking:

Some sweet pickups. Never really had a problem buying things when drunk, wife finally got me to stop drinking or I'll suffer unimaginable consequences. But I might as well be drunk for how much I've spent on the forums lol.

Never bought anything on the internet while drunk. Normally way to preoccupy to worry about the existence of the internet when I am drinking. Then again it is not something that I do often to begin with.

So you're the one that's always a step ahead of me picking up all the things I wanted. :viking:

Some sweet pickups. Never really had a problem buying things when drunk, wife finally got me to stop drinking or I'll suffer unimaginable consequences. But I might as well be drunk for how much I've spent on the forums lol.
Normally the time zone sucks when in the UK/Europe. But later at night... when drunk... they seem to appear randomly, like a little unexpected gnome, from a far flung postcard.

You should get drunk more often...Singatirin was one of my favorite knives. However, if you wake up to a couple of Globals you may have a problem.

You should get drunk more often...Singatirin was one of my favorite knives. However, if you wake up to a couple of Globals you may have a problem.

Waking up with a global? That's a double bagger..... But it could have been a tore here ho:cool2:

Bought a 10" Bill Burke and a Haburn while hammered.
Still use and greatly enjoy them both.

Must be some strong stuff

Bit of this, bit of that.

84gHMMJ.jpg

jZjF0gd.jpg

Bought a 300mm White #1 Sakimaru the other night, mostly egged on by Canadian Club. Should be here tomorrow and I can't wait. It'll probably be my least-used knife but it'll be special to me nonetheless.

Bought a 300mm White #1 Sakimaru the other night, mostly egged on by Canadian Club. Should be here tomorrow and I can't wait. It'll probably be my least-used knife but it'll be special to me nonetheless.

Always wanted a sakimaru. Have a yanagi.

I had neither and wanted the functionality of a yanagi with the tip of the saki. So, I went with the saki, hope I didn't screw that up ;)

At a minimum, it'll look, super super cool and slice things really really cleanly. So definately not a mess up.

Thanks man. It'll be my only White #1 blade and I kinda can't wait to see just how sharp that thing can be.

just commissioned a custom suji from willison...fml...hope the wifey doesn't find out :D

If I could master my keyboard when drunk I would probably buy a sakimaru. Not that I would need one but it looks soooooooooo cool...

Probably the coolest looking chef knife there is. I've asked randy to make me a one thats a hybrid with a wakizashi influencing it's , I expect it will be beyond epic, I Cant wait to see pics of this sakimaru though, single bevel blades have a special feel to them.

Drunk me and a keyboard, we are no friends! :viking:

Probably the coolest looking chef knife there is. I've asked randy to make me a one thats a hybrid with a wakizashi influencing it's , I expect it will be beyond epic, I Cant wait to see pics of this sakimaru though, single bevel blades have a special feel to them.

HABURN showed a sakimaru once. I'd kill for that one!

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/19142-Sakimaru

Probably 90% of them. Along with a bunch of other stuff I never needed. (A long expensive list.) Live and learn.

Back