• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Konosuke HD2 240mm Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badgertooth

Reaction score
Used sparingly and in good nick with some refinishing. My tastes run a little beefier now.

$220 plus shipping

New HD2. I had a semi-custom original HD with Sakura pattern that has found a new home in the states.

Gotta love the HD2. Such a fun knife.. And especially if you're just coming from mass-production German knives, such a mind blower.. GLWS!!

Say, how good is the HD2 on root vegetables, like butternut squash/pumpkin? I always wondered if lazers were better for large fibrous vegetables.

Actually quite well but you need to be a straight-shooter with your technique and not apply any torque whatsoever through the cut

Quite surprised as well- I've seen shipments of 20 of these sell out within 30 minutes.

Definitely a great knife. I like the geometry, it takes a really nice edge, it's semi stainless so taking care of it is really easy, and a good price. If you have any interest in lasers, this would be a fantastic experience.

It would probably be sold by now on the other site forum, just sayin... It seems people here are less easily wowed and over lasers? Good price though, GLWS!

I think it's a timing thing, I've seen stained scuffed versions go for more than mine in 30 mins. Don't have the post count for the other forum, find it hard to find 30 interesting posts to comment on.

Very interested--I've been trying to find an Itinomonn Kasumi 240, but this seems very similar. What are your thoughts? I'm new to the J-knife world.

Very interested--I've been trying to find an Itinomonn Kasumi 240, but this seems very similar. What are your thoughts? I'm new to the J-knife world.

I don't want to represent it as something it isn't to sell it. But I'll lay out how they compare. This is considered a laser so the geometry is thin from spine to edge. The itinomonn has a thicker spine and resolves to a very thin edge. Both cut like hell.

This is monosteel in a proprietary semi-stainless. The itinomonn is clad and can be carbon core or semi-stainless. Itinomonn is regularly available and you'd not need to wait too long for one. HD2 is seemingly impossible to get. Until one languishes on BST for more than a day.

Good buy, I was soooo tempted even when I prefer heavier knives!

Back