Konosuke Kaiju

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys can you let me get this one? Promise you'll get the next one.
You need one of these
sddefault.jpg

Nope. I used a block of cork to support the paper, the knife was on a board I use for sharpening and such. Alternating each grit between heel-to-tip and spine-to-edge.

Ahh okay, that's kind of what I expected.

In that setup, you are NOT going to be able to tell if there are low spots or high spots. If that's your litmus test on comparing a Sukenari grind to a Kaiju's refinement, you're not getting good information.

Ahh okay, that's kind of what I expected.

In that setup, you are NOT going to be able to tell if there are low spots or high spots. If that's your litmus test on comparing a Sukenari grind to a Kaiju's refinement, you're not getting good information.

Eh, I also used stones in the process, there are no high or low spots anywhere. And the reflection has no distortions at all - which it would if there were high and low spots - as I've seen on many other knives, including high end ones. The suke i have has a completely perfect convex shape the full length of the blade.

Any recent reports on the Kaiju? Best (midweight) knife ever? How does it compare to other good cutters frequently mentioned here?

Kaiju is on a completely different level - but I only know the blue 1. For the price I paid, around $650 - it can’t be beat.

Thanks! What are the pros and cons compared to your toyamas? I'm trying to figure out if I should be all in for the coming (most likely christmas?) drop 😅

Thanks! What are the pros and cons compared to your toyamas? I'm trying to figure out if I should be all in for the coming (most likely christmas?) drop 😅
Just so you know, these things come out half dozen blades spread over 2-3 stores every 6 months and sell out in under a second. I would not get your heart overly set on one.

Just so you know, these things come out half dozen blades spread over 2-3 stores every 6 months and sell out in under a second. I would not get your heart overly set on one.

Haha yeah I know, at least I'll put my name in the new lottery thing stores have started doing. One day... 😅

Kaiju is on a completely different level - but I only know the blue 1. For the price I paid, around $650 - it can’t be beat.

people pay 2-3 times that much for a western maker, but this one is incredible in terms of firm finish, and geomtery

only Kamon and Jannis can match it🙂🙂🙂
I want one badly. Lemme know when you get tired of yours!

Back