• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Bought Kurouchi watanabe gyuto 210-240 welcome

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Been hunting for this knife for a while, looking for professional line KU iron clad gyuto with blue core that were available until a couple months ago. prefer new/ near new condition, used one is also welcome with specific condition. Hit me up with pics and price, thanks

Hit up Shinichi at Watanabe directly. He'll make you one custom. I have a Blue 2 Iron Clad 240mm gyuto in the custom order pipeline from him. A little more expensive but if you want iron clad, that is a surefire way to go.

Reactions: J.C
Hit up Shinichi at Watanabe directly. He'll make you one custom. I have a Blue 2 Iron Clad 240mm gyuto in the custom order pipeline from him. A little more expensive but if you want iron clad, that is a surefire way to go.

thanks for your advice.
I have been a loyal customer to Shinichi-san, i have tried to persuade him to make me one (three times already) and he never accepted my requests.
He always reply to me saying he is now only making it in special page and he doesn’t accept any custom order. The one that he recently put up on special page is way to pricey (same price to raquin) just because of the custom handle.
maybe you can teach me how to persuade him in a better way?;)

thanks for your advice.
I have been a loyal customer to Shinichi-san, i have tried to persuade him to make me one (three times already) and he never accepted my requests.
He always reply to me saying he is now only making it in special page and he doesn’t accept any custom order. The one that he recently put up on special page is way to pricey (same price to raquin) just because of the custom handle.
maybe you can teach me how to persuade him in a better way?;)
I don't know what to say. I had to ask a few times over the past year or so, but this time he said no problem and accepted my money for a kurourchi iron clad blue 2 with taller heel at 56/57mm. I should have it in two months. If you fall off the horse, get back on and keep trying!

I don't know what to say. I had to ask a few times over the past year or so, but this time he said no problem and accepted my money for a kurourchi iron clad blue 2 with taller heel at 56/57mm. I should have it in two months. If you fall off the horse, get back on and keep trying!
i will! Thanks for the encouragement, hopefully this time going to be positive
Thanks

It’s like you have to catch him on a good day. I remember asking just for him to make me a standard SS clad 240 with a height of 57mm a few months ago and he said that he doesn’t accept custom orders period lol. :laughingchef:

Back