LA CHAMBA black clay cookware from COLOMBIA

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WOK-a-holic

Reaction score
Does anybody have experience with LA CHAMBA black clay cookware from COLOMBIA ?.

I got my eyes on a 13-inch Comal sold on Amazon $54 shipped.

Their bean pot looks nice as well. Supposedly beans taste better when simmered in an earthenware pot.

Haven't used these pots in particular, but I will add that micaceous clay is used by the various pueblo indians here in New Mexico to make cooking pottery and has been for centuries.

clay holds heat well like cast iron.

I have a lodge brand, enamel lined cast iron pot or "caldaro ".
It makes the best home made chicken soup. provides even heat distribution which allows me to control the temperature carefully . I usually cook the soup 6-7 hours on low. Then I turn the flame off, go to bed and the next morning the pot is still lukewarm. put in refrigerator and I have soup for days.

I bet the LA CHAMBA would have similar results . probably slightly better, but I wonder about durability if they break easily? I want to start with a comal, for cooking tortillas, roasting Chile's tomatoes, onions, garlic ect. If it doesn't break after heavy use, I would buy a clay caldaro

Back