• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Leather saya

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adam_Cullen

Reaction score
Hello, I have a Yoshikane 170mm bunka that needs a saya.. but the spine thickness and the height make it difficult to buy a wooden saya.. so I was hoping someone here had one or knew a maker who could take the measurements and make one for me. Either way, I am in the market.

Length: 170mm
Width of spine above heel: 3.9mm
Width of spine at middle: 2.2mm
Width of spine close to tip: 1.3mm
Blade height: 51mm

Let me know if you have something that fits or if you know of a maker!

Would also be Super interested in leather sayas too if anybody has tips on who does good work

The homie Sean I believe does do leather sayas. I have only gotten wooden ones from him, but they have been TOP notch and his communication is unmatched. I forgot what his handle is on here, but you can hit him up on porter_customs on IG.

I am currently working with Stéphane Weber ([email protected], also on Instagram). He is a pastry chef instructor at CIA and does beautiful leather work of this type. He has also been amazing to communicate with by email, does not require the knife shipped (he makes a plastic mockup of your knife based on a tracing), and his turnaround is excellent for custom work (weeks not months in my case). I got his contact from the Heiji Direct thread where there is some of his work for a forum member photgraphed.

Back