• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Bought Looking for information on this straight razor

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bodine

Reaction score
Didn’t know where to post this, but I thought there might be some straight razor guys on here, just found this one, and have no knowledge of straight razors
IMG_2179.jpeg

Didn’t know where to post this, but I thought there might be some straight razor guys on here, just found this one, and have no knowledge of straight razorsView attachment 313167

I don't recognize "Franz Widmann". However, that Tree symbol is a trademark of Boker. One of the biggest and oldest straight razor companies established in the 1700s and still around today. Also if you search for Edelweiss, the mark on the blade face, this is a model still made by Boker to this day.

https://www.bokerusa.com/edelweiss-5/8-140720

My guess is that Franz Widmann was a smaller company that got gobbled up by Boker in 1903. According to Goin's Encyclopedia, that is when Boker acquired the Edelweiss mark.

Last edited:
I agree with @stinger on all accounts, however it is possible that Franz was also a cutlery shop that commission these razors to be made by Böker. You can see many such razors made in all different countries and by many different makers…

Back