• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Looking for this Shig hankotsu

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ucmd

Reaction score
1662237851530.jpeg

Please pm me. Thanks

Get the Takayuki one in the meantime? Or ask the zweber guy, he may know how many there were and when they were made. I think jns had a very similar knife by toyama noborikoi. As far as I can tell the hankotsu was bought on aframes and may well have been a one off.

Last edited:
Who is the zweber guy?
The one behind kitaeji.com, with an extensive shigefusa collection and database. The site explicitly offers purchase assistance and he is well informed and well connected. And probably active on here come to think of it. I don’t think he ever had the hankotsu in his possession but he still may know stuff.

The JNS noborikoi hankotsu is almost exactly the same profile, so jns dude may have been involved somehow as well. I’d ask him, too.

That’s about all you can do unless someone offers you one on here. Good luck.

Thank you so much. Awesome

Thank you so much. Awesome
I searched on here and the guy who originally commissioned them is on here, it was in 2011 and you have been looking for one and asking the same question in the past. Did you forget about that?

Two were made, the original drawing is still online on Hide‘s export. I guess you’re out of luck. If it’s about the hankotsu and not the shigefusa part I guess I’d get this.

This is the sketch , I’d take this to a shig retailer and have them pester Iizuka. And then wait for a year or two... it says copyrighted on it but since the sketch is by iizuka I wouldn’t worry.

Last edited:
Yup I looked a few years ago and gave up. Still trying to collect unicorns. Thanks for incredible advice

Latest posts

Back