• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for western handle Kato.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brucewml

Reaction score
Looking for a western handle kato gyuto around 210 or 240.

Thanks so much. Bruce

Marc Dixon has 3, I believe. Though I think he loves them quite a bit.

Er if anyone has western handle shigefusa gyuto in 210. I am also interesting. Thanks again. Lol

Be nice. Name calling isn't beneath everybody here, but it should be beneath you, Mr Antonio. ;)

At one time I had 3 western Kato gyutos. Sold 2, kept my favorite.

Best of luck with the search, Bruce. They are certainly worth the hunt.

Can't find too many of my pics these days. But here's one of the Kato I kept. Kauri wood on the handle:

Here's the 3 together:

Here's the one I regret letting go:

I can take the last one. Hahahahahahahah I feel like not going to find anything now. So bad.

I would do anything to get my white ebony back. I would give up any knife I have.

I tracked down my Shig Western's my messaging the seller of all the Shig Westerns from the last 2-3 years asking who they sold it to and following up with those members.

The number of members that buy knives and just have them sitting around/forgot about them is quite high =)

If I still used any of my damn gyutos to any extent, a western Shig would be high on my list, followed closely by a Kato. But I'm on Andy's list, so that supersedes either of them. Good luck with your search Bruce!

Cause to my taste I like my daily knife is around 220-230. But shigefusa runs longer. So I want to get 210mm. But kato runs short normally. So I want 240mm. Lol

I tracked down my Shig Western's my messaging the seller of all the Shig Westerns from the last 2-3 years asking who they sold it to and following up with those members.

The number of members that buy knives and just have them sitting around/forgot about them is quite high =)

You're nothing if not thorough Mike!

If I still used any of my damn gyutos to any extent, a western Shig would be high on my list, followed closely by a Kato. But I'm on Andy's list, so that supersedes either of them. Good luck with your search Bruce!

You are so lucky can be on andy's list. I asked Andy 2 years back. He doesn't have any available spot for me. ........... I feel even worse now......

I got a 210 Shig back, unintentionally, that I sold a couple of years ago. It still had a post-it on it with the weight of the knife that I had put on the box. Sometimes I think there are only 150 Japanese knives in the world, and we just keep trading them back and forth..........

I got a 210 Shig back, unintentionally, that I sold a couple of years ago. It still had a post-it on it with the weight of the knife that I had put on the box. Sometimes I think there are only 150 Japanese knives in the world, and we just keep trading them back and forth..........

It's a small world indeed. If someone is willing to start a rotation for a western 210mm kitaeji Gyuto, let me know!

Good luck with the search Bruce, I don't think I've ever seen a western Kato since I've been getting JNS emails (1.5+ years maybe?)

I still have the Kitaeji nakiri safely tucked away for the future ;).

I sounded,in Japan Kato almost don't make the knives now.

Back