• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Bought Looking to Buy: Wa-Gyuto and Wa-Sujihiki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fantality

Reaction score
Gyuto:
  • Handle: Wa.
  • Length: 210mm to 240mm.
  • Steel: Stainless preferred. Will consider carbon.
  • Other: Inclusion of Saya preferred.

Sujihiki:
  • Handle: Wa.
  • Length: 270mm preferred. Will consider 240mm.
  • Steel: Stainless preferred. Will consider carbon.
  • Other: Inclusion of Saya preferred.

Obviously, I'm looking to purchase 2nd-hand, which is why I'm here and not visiting one of the vendors. The condition of the knives can be varying, but the monetary value will be appropriately adjusted. Not looking for super expensive knives. Will probably spend somewhere around $500 for both. Unless it's for exceptional knives, I probably won't exceed my budget past the $500 mark. In addition, I don't necessarily have to spend all of the $500 budget. I am okay spending less on cheaper but still quality knives so if you have a gyuto or sujihiki priced on the lower side, you should still feel free to make me an offer nonetheless.

I'm located in San Diego.

Last edited:
I have a Gesshin Ginga 240 w/Saya if you're interested. Am going to be in the US next week so can ship from there to get to you fast. PM me.

unfortunately, sold out. otherwise, i would have been tempted. regardless, i think it's better if I get separate knives. they will be used for different purposes. gyuto will be mainly for prep works while the suji will accompany my yanagiba during service.

Back