MagnaCut gyutos

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

HSC /// Knives

Reaction score
I have a few MagnaCut gyutos available that I’ll be making in the coming month or two. Shipping will be from France

Email me if you would like one, don’t msg me here
hsc3knives Gmail
$600 and shipping

these were all heat treated yesterday and are in the 62/63 range.
spine about 2.5 mm and tapering
Flat to convex grind

handle of my choice
No special requests on these please

Left are sold out
Middle 210
Right 203 tall heel

Attachments

JayS20

Reaction score
Hey Harbeer,
would be nice to hear about your experience with Magnacut when you are done. Like how workable it is and how did you like it?
Thanks

Slim278

Reaction score
Hey Harbeer,
would be nice to hear about your experience with Magnacut when you are done. Like how workable it is and how did you like it?
Thanks

I think @DevinT has used this steel. If this is correct, maybe he could give some insight.

Are these mono or san-mai?

HSC /// Knives

Reaction score
Hows the gas line fit coming along? Found an adapter for the tank connection ?
not yet....waiting for a response from this company, made an inquiry - EURO GAS BOTTLE WLHT 21.8 TO ACME LPG PROPANE CYLINDER ADAPTER - LPG gas propane filling adapter for autogas stations

The propane fitting and forge is for future work, so I'm not pressed for that yet.

do you have a solution for me?

the good news is in that same suitcase luggage, I have the 9 Magnacut blades, so I have rec'd those, waiting on a grinder now....

more important is the 45 blades I shipped in a priority mail package and the tracking is stuck at Los Angeles since Apr 26, that troubles me

killerloop

Reaction score
do you have a solution for me?
Unfortunately no, as I'm US based.. Probably some other French or German bladesmiths to see if they have local suppliers. When I was in EU there was a multi industrial parts vendor called Wurth that I worked with. They supplied all across EU and have quite an online presence in form of webshops for most EU countries perhaps worth giving them a shot?

HSC /// Knives

Reaction score
Unfortunately no, as I'm US based.. Probably some other French or German bladesmiths to see if they have local suppliers. When I was in EU there was a multi industrial parts vendor called Wurth that supplied all across EU and they have quite an online presence in form of webshops for most EU countries perhaps worth giving them a shot?
I think I found something - https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Adaptor-Regulator-German-Propane-Bottle/dp/B005P6W5Z2

or U.S. LPG System Adapter To European “Camping Gaz” Cylinders

toddnmd

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the good news is in that same suitcase luggage, I have the 9 Magnacut blades, so I have rec'd those, waiting on a grinder now....
more important is the 45 blades I shipped in a priority mail package and the tracking is stuck at Los Angeles since Apr 26, that troubles me
Smart thinking to prioritize those MagnaCut blades and keep them in the checked luggage!
USPS tracking is pretty spotty. I've had numerous experiences with few or no updates and then the package just gets delivered one day. Hope that's the case for you, and that it's soon!

HSC /// Knives

Reaction score
Smart thinking to prioritize those MagnaCut blades and keep them in the checked luggage!
USPS tracking is pretty spotty. I've had numerous experiences with few or no updates and then the package just gets delivered one day. Hope that's the case for you, and that it's soon!
Yeah I didn’t want to lose those!

actually I used mybaggage service which shipped that suitcase via DHL express.

the cost was about the same as a 2nd pc of checked luggage but I didn’t have to lug it around.

that package of 45 blades represents a lot steel and labor. It’s stressful not to see any tracking movement. And there’s no one to call for help

Last edited:

M1k3

Bbbbooooo!!!! Liar!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try inputting the tracking in the french postal system. It might give you information.

M1k3

Bbbbooooo!!!! Liar!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I did that. La Poste
It’s recognized but indicates still in the USA as of 4/25
Was worth a shot. AusPost knew more about a package inside U.S. Customs and USPS than USPS did. Thought maybe the other way around might of worked.

big_adventure

What impulse control?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This sounds horrible. Good luck with the shipment. That's a lot of work floating out there.

madmotts

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently bought from a member in Canada and was waiting for knife with a Canadian Post track #. It arrived in the US at Usorda, USA within a couple days but no status beyond that. A month of waiting I decided to contact USPS via online contact form. They called me within 3hrs (wut?) and said it appeared to be somewhere at customs and that a month is beyond the time of being stuck. The customer service person advised that I file a claim. Dejected I emailed the seller. The next day the knife showed up at my apartment. If you haven’t, Its worth a try to contact USPS…

big_adventure

What impulse control?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently bought from a member in Canada and was waiting for knife with a Canadian Post track #. It arrived in the US at Usorda, USA within a couple days but no status beyond that. A month of waiting I decided to contact USPS via online contact form. They called me within 3hrs (wut?) and said it appeared to be somewhere at customs and that a month is beyond the time of being stuck. The customer service person advised that I file a claim. Dejected I emailed the seller. The next day the knife showed up at my apartment. If you haven’t, Its worth a try to contact USPS…
A similar situation happened to me in reverse recently.

French customs stopped a shipment from Canada. La Poste never contacted me. The knife just sat there. I eventually contacted them. It was "pending approval" but it was only after I called, and resent them a pro-forma facture that they released it. Even then, it sat there with no change for another 6 days before they finally forwarded it on to me.

And charged me 200 euros in customs duties. Yay. :-/

HSC /// Knives

Reaction score
I filed an inquiry today online

HSC /// Knives

Reaction score
Finished the first MagnaCut Gyuto to test. Knife skills by chef mathieu silvestre

I might make this available in the USA as a paid passaround raffle off. Will need a volunteer to coordinate all this for me and enough participants for me to recover my investment

Last edited: