• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Mammoth tooth Chef knife in Damasteel RWL 34

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christian Trajkovski

Scaniansteel
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Is there any interest in a really gorgeous knife with mammoth molar handle set in bronze?

$550 plus $20 for shipping outside of sweden

-DSC9137.jpg

I usually only make one knife a year with a Mammoth tooth handle since Mammoth tooth is a finicky material to work with. And I usually proclaim to myself that this knife is the last one using Mammoth tooth. But there is something alluring with the pattern and beauty of the material which brings me back to making yet another knife.

So this is the only knife from 2021 from my workshop with Mammoth tooth as a handle material. The tooth is set in bronze before affixing it to the rest of the knife. The blade is made from stainless RWL 34 with a satin mirror finish.

Total length: Approx. 29 cm
Blade length: Approx 17,5 cm
Blade hight (at heel): 4,7 cm

Steel: 3,2 mm thick Damasteel RWL34*. Made in Söderfors, Sweden.

Blade profile: Full flat zero grind with small secondary edge bevel.
Edge angle: 16 degress
Hardness: 63 HRC
Handle materials: Stabilized Mammoth molar set in bronze with three bronze pins.
Marked with "C" on the left face of the blade near the handle.

-DSC8965.jpg
-DSC8960.JPG
-DSC8958.jpg
-DSC9087.jpg

Last edited:
Back