• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Masamoto Yanagi, Kurosaki Gyuto (western), Mazaki Stainless Petty

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, 2019 was a big year for my knife purchases. Now it’s time to let some go. All very nice knives, I’m just trying to keep my collection to a reasonable size that (mostly) fits in my block.

For now, shipping only offered to U.S. addresses. Knives will be shipped through USPS military/diplomatic mail, and will take roughly a week and a half to reach you.

The following knives are offered. All prices include U.S. shipping and PayPal fees. Actual measurements included.

296mm Masamoto KK (White #2 steel) Yanagiba with Anton Kudris (Icanhzchzbrgr) handle.

I had talked myself into the justification for buying a yanagi, but then decided I can get by with my suji. BNIB, knife has never touched food or stones. I was going to rehandle this knife with this gorgeous handle made by Anton. I believe it’s made of maple burl, with nicely marbled horn ferrule and butt cap, nickel silver spacers. Super comfortable heart-shaped (hybrid octagonal/oval) handle.

Heel to tip length: 296mm

Heel height: 36mm

Weight: 226g

Asking $400 for the knife and handle, would prefer to sell together. Comes in original box, with ho wood saya.

dY1cFyM.jpg

6VElDQv.jpg

j1TYYnq.jpg

C1ODGTI.jpg

217mm Yu Kurosaki Shizuku Gyuto, SG2/R2 steel, western micarta handle.

The best-looking knife I own. Super comfortable, nicely curved western handle that looks and feels great. I’m the second owner, previous owner used to prep one meal. I used it lightly. Never sharpened. This one’s a bit small for my taste, and I have a couple other in almost the same size, so I’m letting this one go. I think this is about a year old. Kurosaki now seems to make his knives thinner than he did a few years ago. Great cutter and in-hand feel.

Heel to tip length: 217mm

Heel height: 50mm

Weight: 187g

Asking $350. Comes in original box.

wH8jt7L.jpg

phF7v9S.jpg

YqGuLiW.jpg

lrlt8bs.jpg

152mm Mazaki Stainless Petty, ginsanko core steel, d-shaped ho and horn handle

Very light use from previous owner, I only used this for a few test cuts. Received as part of a trade package to make up a difference in trade value. I’ve decided my Watanabe/Takamura petty combo takes care of my needs in this size.

Heel to tip length: 152mm

Heel height: 34mm

Weight: 85g

Asking $160, comes in original box.

ROM0j8I.jpg

6oeSAvX.jpg

Price drops:
Masamoto Yanagi, BNIB, now $300
Mazaki petty, like new, now $140

I think these are good prices for these knives, so will give it some time before dropping further.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for looking!

Does that Kurosaki have the coke shape handle?

Wow, what a gorgeous yanagiba! If I hadn’t bought a Toyama last year, I’d be all over this!!! GLWS.

I recall a thread where someone called the KK yanagiba a definite keeper!

Thank goodness. I bought a yanagiba before seeing this post and was really kicking myself for not seeing it earlier

Back