Massdrop III: Kamon

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha here really nothing gets missed. I like it. I'm slowly getting worried you guys could recognize in some reflection that I'm Actually making those pics naked 😂.
So there are two additional handles that are different. They'll be a gift for two of the three Massketeers for their work organizing this as a little thank you. The third Massketeer will get a surprise you won't see in any pics. I'll let you alone with your fantasy on that one.

BTW... Update:

After final assembly, are there any more steps?

After final assembly, are there any more steps?

With the handles only the hard wax oil coat and then letting them dry/cure.
I finish the handles directly after hardening the blades even though I could proceed with the blades too at this point. But it makes more sense to finish the handles and let them sit a little. Also after hardening there are barely any fails anymore so there isn't much risk either of having a finished handle for a broken blade or such.

A nakiriknaifuwaifu!?
would be cool but nahh...unless,....??
Screenshot 2021-11-19 at 2.15.24 PM.png

I need an explanation 😅
there was a handle shaped in the form of the male organ of penetration that was gifted to a particularly desirous participant

With the handles only the hard wax oil coat and then letting them dry/cure.
I finish the handles directly after hardening the blades even though I could proceed with the blades too at this point. But it makes more sense to finish the handles and let them sit a little. Also after hardening there are barely any fails anymore so there isn't much risk either of having a finished handle for a broken blade or such.
What kind of hard wax oil do you like to use? Or is that a trade secret?

Payment and Shipping Logistics:

Hello all - below are critical details regarding shipping and payment. Please read it thoroughly as there are TIME SENSITIVE DEADLINES!!!

ATTENTION - TIME SENSITIVE DEADLINES
please read thoroughly
plz read it
🥺
pretty please

Payment Overview:

Our agreement with @KAMON Knives is the following:
Ben issues 3 invoices – one for each region
Ben gets paid for each of 3 invoices
Ben ships 3 packages – one for each region

There is no direct payment to Ben from KKF members.
@RockyBasel pays Ben and KKF members pay @RockyBasel – but in reverse order
Distributors will take each package in each region and then distribute to individual

Distributors:
NA - @nakiriknaifuwaifu in USA
EU - @RockyBasel in Switzerland
APAC - @lemeneid in Singapore

For EU knives, @RockyBasel will ship from Germany

We will calculate a single price per knife in each of the regions inclusive of shipping and customs

This price will include:

Cost of the knife (225 or 260)
International shipping cost allocation per knife
Local duties (if any) allocation per knife
Local/in-region shipping cost allocation per knife

We are using UPS/DHL shipping calculators to estimate costs

Payment Format:

Payment will be accepted via either bank transfer or PayPal F&F –
you can choose ONLY ONE method of payment

You MUST pay in EUROS ONLY
You will be responsible for any transaction fees (currency etc.) that you are all painfully aware of.
@RockyBasel will then make payments for the 3 invoices for @Kamon

TL;DR: Money comes in from KKF to @RockyBasel who then pays out to @Kamon
It's an honor and trust based system.

DEADLINE
MONDAY NOV. 22ND - BY END OF DAY (11:59PM Central Standard Time)

For those selected:
A SINGLE PM to BOTH @nakiriknaifuwaifu and @RockyBasel in this EXACT FORMAT
(Add BOTH me and RockyBasel to the recipients line, like an email)

(also, you can exclude non-essential formatting such as quotations and the yellow bits)

Message Title: "User Info - Kamon Drop"

KKF Username:

Payment preference: "Bank Transfer"
<or> "Paypal F&F"

(for tracking payment by KKF username)
Name on Bank Transfer:
<or>
Paypal Address:

International Shipping Address:

As a reminder, the knives will be completed within the next few weeks.

Upon completion of the knives, we will post final prices and issue @rockybasel’s PayPal address and banking information (BOA or UBS routing information)

You may then transfer funds using preferred method.

There will be a formal announcement, after which you will have 2 business days to transfer funds.
We are giving you this heads up now because it is CRITICAL to adhere to this timeline; failure to do so will result in forfeiting your slot.

We will post payment status (paid or not paid) prior to the end of the 2 business day cut-off

After the funds are collected, @RockyBasel will pay @Kamon who will then post on this Massdrop III thread confirming payment received and ship those beautiessssssss :dancingcow:

Lot of information here. If you have any questions please PM me (@nakiriknaifuwaifu)!

Thanks,
RockyBasel and NKW

Last edited:

Hello all - below are critical details regarding shipping and payment. Please read it thoroughly as there are TIME SENSITIVE DEADLINES!!!

please read thoroughly
plz read it
🥺
pretty please

Payment Overview:

Distributors will take each package in each region and then distribute to individual

Distributors:

We will calculate a single price per knife in each of the regions inclusive of shipping and customs

This price will include:

Payment Format:

You will be responsible for any transaction fees (currency etc.) that you are all painfully aware of.

DEADLINE

(also, you can exclude non-essential formatting such as quotations and the yellow bits)

Message Title: User Info - Kamon Drop

KKF Username:

<or> "Paypal F&F"

Name on Bank Transfer:
<or>
Paypal Address:

Upon completion of the knives, we will post final prices and issue @rockybasel’s PayPal address and banking information (BOA or UBS routing information)

There will be a formal announcement, after which you will have 2 business days to transfer funds.
We are giving you this heads up now because it is CRITICAL to adhere to this timeline; failure to do so will result in forfeiting your slot.

We will post payment status (paid or not paid) prior to the end of the 2 business day cut-off

After the funds are collected, @RockyBasel will pay @Kamon who will then post on this Massdrop III thread confirming payment received and ship those beautiessssssss :dancingcow:

Lot of information here. If you have any questions please PM me (@nakiriknaifuwaifu)!

Thanks,
RockyBasel and NKW

Small tip for those lucky enough to make the list and newish to KKF, and a little bit OCD about getting everything right for payment so planning on referring back to NKW’s instructions:

There is a bookmark function you can use to save a post for later reference, which is what I just did for this one. Click the icon next to the post number, add a label if you want for easy searching, and hit save. You can find your bookmarks by clicking your name/icon in the top right of the forum screen - they’ll be on a tab to the right of the “your account” tab.

This is a massive PITA of management so please follow NKW’s crystal clear instructions to the letter to make things easier for our massketeers so they don’t decide a Massdrop IV is too much work! [I hope this last bit doesn’t sound snarky, it’s not intended as such and is really just a genuine plea so we can have more massdrops.]

Last edited:
@nakiriknaifuwaifu @RockyBasel
Will you guys reply to payment info confirmation pm’s or post list of confirmed members here?
We will be posting a list on this thread for everyone.

If you'd like us to confirm and say "payment sent, please confirm" via PM we will do our best to reply to you directly as well. It will take a considerable amount of time for us to check back each time one of the 40 participants sends a payment so please do keep that in mind.

I'll give more specific details on this when we open up the drop for payment.

@nakiriknaifuwaifu @RockyBasel
Will you guys reply to payment info confirmation pm’s or post list of confirmed members here?
We will list who has provided us with payment information and who out of the 40
Is missing - if I understood your question correctly- you are wanting to know if we have received your payment preferences. Not the payment itself. But we will need to do both - 1. Confirm that we got your payment preferences. 2. Confirm that we got the money before we transfer to Kamon

please read thoroughly
plz read it
🥺
pretty please

Payment Overview:

Distributors:

This price will include:

Payment Format:

DEADLINE

For those selected:

Message Title: "User Info - Kamon Drop"

KKF Username:

<or> "Paypal F&F"

Name on Bank Transfer:
<or>
Paypal Address:

Thanks,
RockyBasel and NKW

REMINDER: DEADLINE

Hello all:

As of the time of posting here are the users who have and have not sent in their information.

Please read the above post if you have not done so already and please send in your information *DEEP INHALE*
IN THE PRECISE FORMAT REQUESTED
by the end of today.

Thanks,
NKW

UserRegionCountrySizeIndexInfo Sent (Y=1/N=0)
@nakiriknaifuwaifuNAUSA26011D
@RockyBaselEUCHE26021D
@lemeneidAPACSG26031D
@JoshNACanada22541
@cooktocutNAUSA26050
@killerloopNAUSA22560
@FroztitanzAPACSG22571
@JvilleNAUSA26081
@toddnmdNAUSA22590
@LostHighwayNAUSA225100
@Hz_zzzzzzNAUSA225111
@LakeshowNAUSA225120
@Nuts63NAUSA225130
@WildBoarNAUSA225141
@TristanAPACSG260151
@tchan001APACHK225161
@MortenEUDenmark260170
@Jason183NAUSA260181
@gogogo545EUSweden225190
@drsmpNAUSA260201
@AcidwashNAUSA260211
@julius777APACMalaysia225221
@DelatNAUSA225231
@SmiddertonEUGermany225241
@KnivpersonEUDenmark225251
@IkonakaNAUSA225260
@0x0xEUAustria260270
@SdoEUIreland225281
@GeigsAPACAus225291
@Todd762NAUSA225300
@robAPACAus260311
@captaincaedNAUSA260321
@DgilksAPACAus225331
@zeaderanNAUSA225341
@pow_powEUGermany225351
@DefinegoodNAUSA225361
@demcavNAUSA225371
@BodineNAUSA225381
@climbclimbNAUSA260390
@WiriWiriEUUK225401

Last edited:
Have attempted to email @nakiriknaifuwaifu and @RockyBasel - when I use the exact format required I receive this notice from the website:

"Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator."

I've deleted all formatting - suspect maybe it's the use of the word "paypal", but I tried "paypa1" and that didn't go through either.

Hi Massketeers, (@RockyBasel and @nakiriknaifuwaifu )and next on waitlist. Morten from Denmark is out and I ferfeit my slot. Reasons are primarily that other priorities have come ahead of knives (😱, the horror!).

Hope that it will not be too much trouble managing this and i hope all will be extremely satisfied with their upcoming Kamons - they look awesome.

Hi Massketeers, (@RockyBasel and @nakiriknaifuwaifu )and next on waitlist. Morten from Denmark is out and I ferfeit my slot. Reasons are primarily that other priorities have come ahead of knives (😱, the horror!).

Hope that it will not be too much trouble managing this and i hope all will be extremely satisfied with their upcoming Kamons - they look awesome.
@Morten No worries at all thank you for letting us know. Hope all is well on your end. Could you PM me so I can access this in my inbox later?
Thanks again,
NKW

Back