mazaki knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a difference in Migaki and Kasumi or is it the same thing just called different? For my eyes CKC kasumi and Cleancut Migaki finish looks just the same... And yes, the kasumi finish could be different IMO.

Do newer cleancuts resemble older cleancuts? Seems to me the cleancut ones were a tad flatter and pointier up until recently, they might resemble carbon Knife company version now.

d77d1b80fbee6608ce61c10de5e05458.jpg

Do you have a Yoshihiro Mazaki? Curious on the specs/measurements. I feel as though you don't see as many as you do from other vendors.
Measurements are pretty similar to CKC that other members have. Mine came with a rather flat grind so food sticks quite a bit. It's pretty thin behind the edge, but can be thinner.

Thanks the first one seemed to wedge just a bit but, the other two cut pretty nicely.
Yes, the Kasumi wedges a bit more. I tried to keep lateral movement to minimum(no problem with my cutting technique :D)

Back