Meat Delivery Services?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all! Recently I have been seeing a lot of these online meat delivery services popping up. A couple of grocery stores around me don't really have great stuff and I don't have much time go to a butcher. I'd be curious to hear if you all think any of these companies are worthwhile.

Totally worthwhile!! I order from Pursuit Farms whenever I need something fancy, and I used to order from Crowd Cow for good chicken, pork, etc until I found a local(ish) high quality butcher to get that stuff from. Erik owns Pursuit Farms and he’s a gem of a human being, a real pleasure to work with.

I'll second Pursuit Farms....and absolutely speak with Erik....super passionate and all around great guy.

I use Huntspoint when I need big quantities, particularly when I'm going to be smoking.

Cavendish Farms in VT is a great source for quail.

Jamieson Farms in PA used to be my favorite lamb. Sadly they've had to shut down for health reasons....John and Sukey are two of the nicest people you'll meat. Wishing John the best.

If you're in SF and want to try something local, Sonoma County Meat process whole animals from Bay Area ranchers. I've been buying mostly sausages from their stall at the Saturday Filmore Farmer's Market, but all their meat looks great.
They deliver meat boxes...
https://sonomacountymeatco.com/collections/all

I use Huntspoint when I need big quantities, particularly when I'm going to be smoking.
I had a poor experience with Huntspoint due to the expense for them to ship to the west coast.

I can try to hook you up with my contacts on the Westcoast but most of them are in southern cali. Let me check with my guy and see if he can help make a connection.

If you're in SF and want to try something local, Sonoma County Meat process whole animals from Bay Area ranchers. I've been buying mostly sausages from their stall at the Saturday Filmore Farmer's Market, but all their meat looks great.
They deliver meat boxes...
https://sonomacountymeatco.com/collections/all
I'm actually in Pittsburgh right now for school. I ended up going with Huntspoint as they had a pretty solid sale going!

Back