Meatcrafter thoughts?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Curious to hear thoughts on the new Rinella/Benchmade Meatcrafter knife. It is billed as a premium knife for hunters and cooks. It kind of looks like a Fibrox boning knife ripoff with the latest and greatest PIA to sharpen steel. Personally, I do not think it is worth $300. I am very curious as to other’s thoughts on the knife’s design and materials along with its intended uses. Is anyone familiar with the CPM45VN? Even though I started off with some negative aspects/thoughts, I am open to hearing positives as well for discussion.

https://www.themeateater.com/pages/meatcrafter

Last edited:
It is a premium steel and decently executed design for processing game in the field.
That said, once you get past the $250 mark on an outdoor knife you are better off contacting a custom maker to get what you want with (in most cases) better design for your intended purpose.

Too big for a good boning knife. Looks more like a short breaking knife but I seldom (actually never) take one of those to the field with me. I know how it works, if you want your name on a production knife you have to give them a design that isn't currently on the market. That doesn't mean it will be better. And the price seems a little extreme for a field butchering knife.

Latest posts

Back