• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS messermeister meridian elite stealth chef knife 10"

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The best mass produced, German style knife I've tried. Mint condition except some faint towel scratches.

PXL_20221014_221647156.jpg

Looking for $120 shipped conus.

Last edited:
I have not owned one of these. How's the steel? Is it going to compare with my Henckels and Wusthof classic? Maybe I should buy it. I like 10-inch chef knives. Is the handle going to work shake hand cutting?

The steel is very similar to other germans, but I haven't used it long enough to make any claims in that regard. The balance point is right where the bolster meets the blade (slightly forward compared to wusthof classic), to me it feels good both in pinch and full hand grip. Also, the handle material has a nice grippy feel to it, probably my favorite part of the knife.

I will echo the prior sentiment that Messermeister is the best German knife for the money, and my personal favorite of the three. Very good grinds on the steel and same handle material/steel as Wusthof and Zwilling, @coxhaus. They are made for performance and certain lines like this are a great value.

Oh wow. Have the 9in version of this - comfortable beater. Actually do think this is the best handle I've used ever. Steel is soft so it gets bent a lot, but easy to fix... its surprisingly thin grind for a german knife so it doesn't really wedge on things, but because it is if you try to use it to break chicken bones you'll be disappointed.

Personally, I have no idea why people try to break chicken bones at all... I can't imagine the supposed "flavor" ever really is that beneficial over having chicken bone bits everywhere cause the area cut starts falling apart as you cook.

Back