• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Mike Jones 210mm Workhorse

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McMan

Reaction score
I wasn’t drinking when I bought this one. Seriously.
But hopefully you are now…

The profile’s not for me. It’s probably not for most people. But I will say this… It’ll take a special someone to fall in love this knife. But we all need love, right?! That prep cook who rock chops and only rock chops for hours on end… treat him to something nice.

Mike Jones’s (Canadian maker).
He sells his knives for $300+. Got a good deal on this from a forum member.

Nicely made:
210mm x 50mm tall. Total length 314mm. Weight 212g.
Hybridwood handle
Reclaimed high carbon steel.
Beefy workhorse-ish grind w/ lots of belly

Knife is new, unused. Asking $90, which is less than I paid.
mike jones one.JPG
mike jones two.JPG
mike jones three.jpg
jones choil.jpg

Looks solid

It is definitely solid! It’s a well-made knife.
The fact that the spine is curved makes the edge look more curved than it really is.

This is what I mean: Same edge in both pics below. Original is Right. The curved spine tricks the eye into thinking the edge is more curved than it is. At left is what it would look like with a straight spine. Really, it's just an uber-German profile...
Mike Jones.png

Love it! Looks to me like there is a decent flattish area where you'd do most of your cutting?

Just checked... There's a smidge of flat spot (about 30mm) but not a ton. I think the pics make the flat look longer than it is. The flat spot is up from the heel a bit--so the grind goes big radius-flat spot-slight radius to heel.
Mike Jones flat spot.png

Still waiting for that special someone...

Maybe it will help if you include some Yeti oak aged Imperial stout

Maybe it will help if you include some Yeti oak aged Imperial stout

Ha! Reverse the order—Beer comes first :). The time-honored tradition of beer-goggle knife buying...

Let's bump this big bellied beauty

Back