Misty kasumi finish on AEB-L or O1?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gavination

Reaction score
So I haven't seen anyone do it and wondered if it was possible to get a misty kasumi-type finish on AEB-L or O1? Or is there a reason one wouldn't want to and that's why I haven't seen or heard about it?

Thanks!

Gavin.

That finish comes from the contrast between the soft cladding and hard core of the blade. so if your aeb-l or o1 knives are not a cladded build knife you won't be able to get that finish

Sorry, I should've been more clear haha. The contrast isn't necessary, but your answer makes sense. I was hoping for the misty finish all over on an O1 or AEB-L, but given that the hagane on a kasumi finish is mirror and it's the soft cladding that actually gets the misty look, you answered my question regardless. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

No problem. I see what you're saying. I have an o1 edc knife that has a bit of the misty looks but that's just because the flats are scratched up a bit

Latest posts

Back