• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Moritaka AS 270mm Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Description
Just sitting in the drawer so it needs a new home. Spine and choil rounded by Tony LaSeur. Spalted tamarind and brass handle also made by Tony. I think I may have touched this up once, but never sharpened.

Dimensions:
Edge Length - 271 mm
Height at heel - 55 mm
Weight - 8.36 oz / 237 g

What's included
Moritaka 270mm gyuto
Original box

Price
$250 shipped to USA. International buyers pay actual shipping minus $10. Price includes PP fees.

Photos

51927245304_4bbafd34d3_k.jpg

51926903756_c2e3bcfc51_k.jpg

51927245129_48fb398c93_k.jpg

Last edited:
This is a steal. A (potentially) great knife at a very low price. I have the same 270. The factory bevel is a little low so that I have thinned it to my like. Now I use it a lot. I would say the steel is at least 80% of what a denka is like. Easy to sharpen, get dangerously sharp, and holds an edge for a long time. I like this AS steel more than Shibata's and Mutsume Hinoura's. Compared to denka, the only thing lacking is the stiffness, probably due to the construction method (core steel only half way through the height and the cladding is kinda soft), but it only costs 1/4 of a denka of the same size.

Agreed. Moritaka is a hall of fame-er for AS steel, plus the handle upgrade. Might buy it myself!

Back