• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Moritaka AS Chukabocho 220x110mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I like this knife, but I really want that Urushi Fountain Pen...

so I am letting this one go for funding. Bought it in January on KKF, removed the KU, sharpened it once or twice, with a few touch-ups.
Nice ironclad with good steel, it's a lot of fun.

Been a while since we had a Cleaver chat.

Here are some pics, I will take some more up to date shots soon, but not much has changed :)

I paid 435€ for it, looking to get 400 360 340€ 300€ shipped EU, 340€ shipped internationally.
4H2A7169.jpg
4H2A7244.jpg
4H2A7245.jpg
4H2A7246.jpg
4H2A7249.jpg
300€ shipped within EU. 340€ shipped most places in the world.

Last edited:
Do you have a pic of the profile on a flat surface? I'm curious how flat/curvy it is.

I @flow_the_pro , sorry, I overlooked your question. I think, I answered in the the chat already, anyhow, here it is again.

Yes, I did remove the KU finish. And since the sides are iron, they will be reactive. Then again, Moritaka's KU isn't very durable to begin with, I am pretty sure it is basically just black paint. That is why I removed it in order not to have the flakes in my food :D Had I known I would sell this again, I would have left it of course.
But the flanks are very smooth now, patina comes off easily, so it isn't too big a deal. The Moritaka KU doesn't have the protective effect of a "real" KU.

Weight of the knife is 474g. I don't have a tool to measure the spine thickness too precisely, here is an estimation:

- directly out of the handle 5mm
- 2cm from the handle: 4mm
- 5 cm from the handle: 2.2 mm
- 10cm from the handle: 1.6mm

Uhm :) @JakeLoveshighCarbon
I find it pretty good for a cleaver. I mean, I think this is a bit the Moritaka style. I have a Nakiri from them which is also very flat.

It does allow for some moderate lifting of the heel, for example for cutting herbs, but of course, rocking cuts are not it's strength.
The heel can be lifted around 2cm already, round the tip off just a bit more for double that.

For mostly push cuts, it works well in my experience, especially since it's a tall and large blade.

Kinda interested in this and have had no control with knife purchases lately. How do you feel about the flat profile?
I have one of these and will jump in -- I love the flat profile, especially with an eased tip. People say you can't rock with a flat profile, but I have never understood why. Mine is a machine for double-rock chopping garlic and ginger. It's true that if you're used to guillotine and glide, it is likely not the profile for you.

Latest posts

Back