• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Murray Carter 249mm Western Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Selling this pretty unique Murray Carter - he doesn't make as many in this size. This is a larger version of his Perfect Model kitchen knife. I asked him for a larger "Perfect" model and he made three similar ones. I picked this one and I think there are just two others out there. When I got it, there wasn't enough of a flat spot on the blade road so I sent it back to Murray and he flattened the main blade road out. It's about 55-60% of the blade in my estimation, which allows for great flexibility in how you use this length of a knife.

Specifications are:
White 1/stainless clad, Burgunady micarta half-tang western handle, weight is 239 grams, heel is 65mm, blade is 249mm and OAL is 367mm. It really is just a scaled up version of his perfect model which usually runs about 205mm.

I paid $785 for the knife plus extra shipping to get it back to Murray for the flatter blade road; it's been used twice and untouched since back from Murray; asking $750.

Full disclosure: I'll sell either this gyuto, OR my other Murray Carter I have posted. I can't stomach selling both, as they are pretty nice knives, just wildly different.

Photos below (sorry some of them aren't great).
IMG_2174.jpg
IMG_2175.jpg
IMG_2176.jpg
IMG_2177.jpg
IMG_2178.jpg
IMG_2180.jpg
IMG_2181.jpg

Back