• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS MUTSUMI HINOURA AJIKATAYA 210mm Gyuto BNIB

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drewrosenberg23

Reaction score
Hello, as the title says:

Selling a BNIB MUTSUMI HINOURA AJIKATAYA 210mm gyuto Double Bevel White #2 Steel Core Soft Iron Clad Three Layer Construction, Kurouchi/Black Nashiji/Pear Skin Finish.

Need funds for my trip too japan, selling it for what I paid : $275.00 . shipping included in USA and paypal fees.

Handle---D-shape Burnt Chestnut with Buffalo Horn Collar
• Blade Length---216mm(8.5")/from Tip to Heel
• Blade Length---230mm(9")/from Tip to Handle
• Total Length---355mm(14")
• Spine Thickness---2.5mm/at Middle of Blade
• Blade Height---51mm(2")/at Heel
• Weight---189grams

hinora.jpg

Attachments

• h2.jpg
    h2.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 292
  • h3.jpg
    h3.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 282
  • h4.jpg
    h4.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 257
Beautiful knife! Love the aesthetics and the geometry suggested by the choil picture. I'm a big fan of the Hinouras both father and son. GLWS

I picked one of these up a few days ago. The food release is excellent. It's really thin behind the edge and cuts great. Even with its thinness, it doesn't feel fragile. GLWS on a really cool knife!

Can you post a close up picture of the tip? It looks like there might be a chip there - is it really BNIB?

Sorry if I call this one out, those are blueways photos from ebay. And does not properly represent the current shape of your knife.

Sorry if I call this one out, those are blueways photos from ebay. And does not properly represent the current shape of your knife.

I just saw them too after looking up Hinoura knives. To think that blueways would post stock photos of a chipped knife smh

here is some more pictures, the knife is BNIB and has no chips at the tip, sorry for the bad photos, cheers.
IMG_0803.jpg
IMG_0804.jpg IMG_0805.jpg

Are you planning on posting higher quality pictures of the knife you're selling? Difficult to get a sense of the knife with lo-res pics.

It also appears to be a different knife than what you originally posted.

Back