My favorite color is BLUE!.............A patina thread.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They’re great, very tall and great for a midweight. Not sure if they’re quite as much heft as Toyama but still great
Mine is taller, has more heft and blade heavy balance compared to my Toyama - Kawachi is a bit less convex and is less MANTOKUish

Here is my Toyama on top of my Kawachi - the edge profile is he same

1692361584627.png

Distal taper is similar as well

1692361700165.png

Blue hmmm, as a pretty traditional Japanese knife player, the first couple of things that come to mind when I see blue are either handles or stones. Then I thought about it a little bit and remembered a couple of gifts from my friend which I decided to share with you guys. He is a great blade smith in China( doesn't use insta or anything like that) and we've been friends for quite a while because of knives and stones. This knife is mammoth tooth handled ( ivory is illegal in China) with tortoiseshell, some turquoise attached and steel I believe is Swedish powder steel, not sure which one tho.
bc5fc2aa74af98bda3c0ee482595bbf8.JPG

Perhaps some blue handle? Love this fresh mix
IMG_9706.JPG

Or my first ever 10000 stone Naniwa Chosera sword finish (this was almost 6 years ago)
IMG_9667.PNG

My friend bought these before the pandemic at the knife show in China Shanghai, absolute art. Not sure what is the material and finish on it but I'm positive it is damascus and forged by Robert Eggerling.
(the piece with gloves is mine)
IMG_9776.jpg
IMG_9774.jpg

Hope thats enough blue to lighten your day.

Latest posts

Back