New From CT

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, just joined and am about 2 years in collecting and using Japanese knives. So far in my lineup are: 210 Anryu blue 2 gyuto, 180 Shibata Kotestsu R2 bunka, my latest 170 Yoshikazu Tanaka blue 1 bunka, 165 unknown maker AS nakiri, 135 Anryu blue 2 hammered petty, 135 Masakage Yuki ko-bunka.

I began my dive into knives after visiting a cooking store a few years back and was in awe learning about hand made blacksmith knives from Japan when talking with the owner. I have gained a lot of insight from this group in the past but newly joined as a member to partake in discussions and connect with others in the hobby.

At this point I am beginning to learn certain aspects of steel type and preferred grinds/profiles of different regions and blacksmiths.

I love the look of patina developing and creating art on the blade unique to each user which led me to Yoshikazu’s full carbon knives.

Please feel free to reach out and connect. I hope to be able to share my experience and new knife days in the future.

Cheers,

Kevin

Attachments

• DCE7741D-D139-4275-8A74-C7F6474F0AC5.jpeg
    DCE7741D-D139-4275-8A74-C7F6474F0AC5.jpeg
    340.8 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Back