New knife handle

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They got 4x what their goal was. I can't believe it.
Not surprising tho so many folks don't understand what a good knife is.. Did think the handle design is innovative but don't think so functional. There's a reason the same style handles have been around for so many years..

Awesome! Looks inspired by the Chroma Type 301, but with a convenient hole to hook your keychain onto!

In all seriousness, I'll not disparage supporters of the new knife, and appreciate work by ambitious industrial designers, creative entrepreneurs—good luck to them. No idea if it's a good knife or not—not my cut of tea, I prefer more conservatively designed wa carbon gyutos—but aesthetically it's quite a unique looking object. The knife will likely appeal to those interested in, and who value contemporary design—an example is the immense popularity of the orange juicer designed by Philippe Starck for Alessi.

Where do all the backers for these various Kickstarter knives come from? Surely it can’t be a completely different set of idiots lining up each time. There must be a core group of morons who have a Pavlovian reaction whenever they see a glossy video with meaningless buzzwords and automatically reach for their credit card.

Where do all the backers for these various Kickstarter knives come from? Surely it can’t be a completely different set of idiots lining up each time. There must be a core group of morons who have a Pavlovian reaction whenever they see a glossy video with meaningless buzzwords and automatically reach for their credit card.

Referring to them as "idiots" and "morons" is small minded, disrespectful, and rude. Certainly not conducive to expanding KKF's audience, or welcoming to people with a genuine interest in kitchen knives looking for useful information or constructive dialogue on kitchen knives. Would you suggest that a cook who happily uses an Achilles knife not come to KKF?

Referring to them as "idiots" and "morons" is small minded, disrespectful, and rude. Certainly not conducive to expanding KKF's audience, or welcoming to people with a genuine interest in kitchen knives looking for useful information or constructive dialogue on kitchen knives. Would you suggest that a cook who happily uses an Achilles knife not come to KKF?
Not at all. In fact I would strenuously suggest they spend time on KKF so that they could discover that better knives exist than the rubbish they have bought on Kickstarter.

Sometimes sarcasm or jokes don't translate via the Internet... Even if we are only half joking. :D

many of us might not realize it, nor want to accept it, but most of us here are knife snobs. period. Often a byproduct of knowledge. That's just the way it goes.

Nah, it’s ok, I’m cool. My only point, however expressed, was that Kickstarter knives are invariably overpriced, inferior rubbish. Poorly designed, poorly crafted and yet there seems to be a never ending conga line of people eager to throw their money away. I was simply expressing my incredulity at that fact.

This place is expected to maintain the same level of civility, decorum, respect, empathy and sympathy as the weekend crew buried in the weeds while taking brunch reservations at your favorite restaurant. Nothing less will do.

Back