New member Hi All!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clicker7

Reaction score
Hi Folks:
Joseph here, new member but long time knife admirer, and collector. I am 79 yrs. , and like a lot to others, my first knife was a trusty buck pocket special I got about 70years ago. I have about 17-18 knives in my collection which includes: Buck, Kershaw, Benchmade, Spyderco (2-Mannix), recently 2 Kizers, suprisingly nice quality , and now getting into Wok cooking so I bought a couple of nice Chinese cleavers: Kyoto Samaurai 7" ; 8" Zhang Xiao Quan.

I also have a very nice custom "Bob Lay" (19C27, box elder burl handle, and sheephorn spacer....) too beautiful for me to use, just sits in its box/mint.

I started reading the forum today to find out more info about the Zhang Xia Quan cleaver, reading it was a very old Chinese company, so if any of you folk, have one please let me know, what to expect. Both cleavers will be used exclusively to slice veggies. I know they are just budget cleavers, but from what I was able to read they are decent work/ kitchen knives.

Thanks all!
Joseph

Back