New Member.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Loved knives since I was a kid and got interested in Japanese knives over lockdown. Have been reading the forums for quite some time but decided to join in. Hope everyone is doing well

Welcome aboard!
Perhaps you're interested in the huge archive there's here. To explore it, I use Google's 'site:' - function. More powerful than the site's search engine.

Midlands, not much happening around here

Do you know Blok Knives just outside Derby? I don't have any experience of them personally, but a chef friend of mine has one and rather likes it...

And there's also Catcheside in Herefordshire, if that counts as midlands (?) Who also have a strong rep.

Last edited:
Do you know Blok Knives just outside Derby? I don't have any experience of them personally, but a chef friend of mine has one and rather likes it...

And there's also Catcheside in Herefordshire, if that counts as midlands (?) Who also have a strong rep.

Thanks for the recommendations, I feel some of these custom knives are way above my budget. I would love to buy a Toyama soon and find out what all the hype is about.

Back