New stone came with a hairline crack

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got a new king 1k/6k stone in the mail today, but it came with a small hairline crack that runs all the way down to the holder. Both sides of the crack are offset just enough to feel a slight bump, like rolling your finger over a strand of hair. It this something to worry about? Can I just flatten it away and forget about it?
tccINJZh.jpg

I've already ask the seller if he could resend another since it came wrapped in two thin sheets of bubble wrap and bubble wrap envelope. We'll see how that goes.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I'd just get a replacement. If said retailer is a jerk about it, vice it gently, and seal the sides. But really, the seller should have packed it in a box fer chrissakes.

Absolutely demand a replacement.

Yup, that's just negligence on the sellers part. Get a replacement and don't order from them again. Poor packaging doesn't happen by accident.

Be well,
Mikey

PayPal will take care of you if you made payment through them. You won't even need to deal with the jerk vendor. So, who's the vendor?

wow its not easy to crack those either, i dropped the same stone set one time from 4 ft and no cracking

Thanks for the replies and advice guys.
The seller has offered to exchange the stone. I'll take him up on the offer with the caveat that he'd pay for the return shipping too.

Cheers,

PayPal will take care of you if you made payment through them. You won't even need to deal with the jerk vendor. So, who's the vendor?

japan_bargain on the ebay (evilbay?). Hopefully this guy at least honors the exchange and refunds the return shipping as well. I was supposed to start practicing sharpening my cheap blades this weekend.

Goes to show I should stick with the vendors recommended in this forum...

Well - the stone came damaged, but since the seller did not seem to have any problem taking care of the issue I do not think we should dump a steaming pile on him just yet. Hopefully it will be a lesson for him to get more careful with packaging.

But yes - sticking with vendors that have proved themselves to be reliable is always a good idea.

Well - the stone came damaged, but since the seller did not seem to have any problem taking care of the issue I do not think we should dump a steaming pile on him just yet. Hopefully it will be a lesson for him to get more careful with packaging.

But yes - sticking with vendors that have proved themselves to be reliable is always a good idea.

Yeah, I agree, it was a lapse in judgement on his part and he doesn't seem to sell many knife related stuff, so I won't hold it against him yet. Unless he sends me another dud.

Back