OH what to get??? Usuba? Yanagi? $500 budget!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez mate, take it easy, it's just a forum... I get that the OP really seemed to just dismiss peoples comments when they were attempting to help and talk down to them. And maybe the OP really just needed to say they wanted to get a single bevel, purely because they don't have one and want one, rather than saying they want something for a specific task.

It is the one thing that I don't like about this place... a person who is in to knives, wants to try something different like a Yanagi, but they don't cut a lot of fish, rather a lot of raw boneless protein, and they are screamed down for it. Maybe they want to try something different and yes they aren't using it for its exact purpose, but heck, I bet a lot of the Japanese Sushi chefs use their Yanagi's for things they weren't intended for because it is easier at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
This one is going no where fast and most everyone (including me) is helping push it. A valid question, could have been better asked and better responded to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back