• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Ohira renge suita

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Kinda hope this one doesn't sell, hard finding a stone this big and clean.

Harder Ohira suita with renge throughout. Works very nicely when matched to the right steel. Not the most user friendly stone, but it's so clean that it leaves a nice finish regardless. Not going to mirror, but leaves a nice, detailed kasumi.

I have stripped the urushi off the sides and planned to lacquer with a clear coat to better highlight that glorious renge and yellow coloring. If you'd like me to finish removing the bottom urushi or seal in clear coat for you before sealing let me know and I can do so! But it'll delay shipping a bit.

209x82x44mm, ~1.9kg
$795
4CF2A24D-DF33-42AD-ADA1-D53397DE0674.jpeg

I didn't see a price anywhere in your listing. How much are you asking?

How is this possible. This one is so easy to resell for more. Even if you just want to try the magic of this stone you should buy it.
I have enough…
Blowing my mind too… I’ve got a handful of other absolutely crazy stones inbound and need to generate some funds (also got a good deal on this one to start), but someone should just take a look at JNS and see what similar stones go for…

If shipping a brick to Australia wasn't so nuts I'd have loved this . Awesome stone.

Back