• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Ohtaniyama Tomae Asagi (Final Reduction)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ared715

Knife lover, but true stoner at heart!
Reaction score
Hey yall, here's a hard stone for all you mirror polishers and razor sharpeners. San size so long and narrow. I've had multiple Ohtani's over the years and the others were brutally hard. This one, however, has a nice smooth user-friendly type hardness. I'll post comparison pics of using it without tomo and with tomo.

The stone is capable of mirror polish if works lightly and patiently. Kasumi is bright and there is still plenty of contrast. Edges are super keen and fine but with just enough tooth to make it practical for kitchen knife use, especially with nagura. It's hard, dense, and thick enough to last forever too!

Still stamped on the side. This stone will come with a tomo nagura and I have a few to choose from so I'll leave that up to the buyer so they choose.

I didn't purchase from Watanabe but I believe he has some info regarding Ohtaniyama so if you're new to the subject, you can read up over on his site. They're under the mirror finishing awasedo on his site.

205×55×35

Asking $250

20220902_110502.jpg
20220902_110511.jpg
20220902_110521.jpg

Polish w just stone:
20220902_111840.jpg

Polish w shobu tomo nagura
20220902_112424.jpg

Yeah on Ryotas YouTube channel he uses one but otherwise I've only seen them used by Japanese barbers/carpenters. Not so well known but excellent hard stones for sure!

Back