One of the Oldest Sabatiers in the world

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:cooking:Good for sniping herb's from the garden.

im000647.jpg
[/IMG]
im000593.jpg
[/IMG]I did one a while ago it was fun a HENCKEL over a 100 years old.
im000585.jpg
[/IMG]
the handle was a mix and match of horn amber and redwood.

is that a model 102? one of my favorite all time knives, I have a 12 inch that I don't use too much anymore and I think I just might. Excellent work.

Whoever does the restoration, and if you decide to re-do the handle, if you want...send the old pieces to me and I will make a box for it using the "W" for a centered inlay in the box. At least then it will keep some semblance of history intact.

Whoever does the restoration, and if you decide to re-do the handle, if you want...send the old pieces to me and I will make a box for it using the "W" for a centered inlay in the box. At least then it will keep some semblance of history intact.

Now we're talking! What a great idea.

sounds awesome and I will arrange it.

henckels1903.jpg
[/IMG]
HENCKELS MEN 1903
chrishydeonlin2.jpg
[/IMG]
SOLINGEN MEN 1906

My knife was a grand prize ST LOUIS HENCKEL. 1902 i think .

My knife was a grand prize ST LOUIS HENCKEL. 1902 i think .

yep, I thought so a model 102 awesome. So in keeping with this theme I am going to start another thread with a different knife, I have covered Thierss and you Solingen and now I will post one from the other great knife making center, Sheffield. stay tuned.

Thanks for posting this! I love vintage kitchen knives.....:hungry:

If you guys like those springy scissors for general cutting stuff, most fishing rod building supply houses carry them, they are like $3. I have a bunch of sets because I lose them all of the time! They work great for close in trimming and snipping threads.

Back