OXYS Knives - Our Work

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's essentially a low vanadium modification of T-15 which it seems like they also exchanged a bit of the tungsten and chromium for molybdenum (Which probably doesn't make any huge differences).
Made couple of HAP40 blades recently and on the ground DI103MP feels somewhat similar in workability. Still harder to finish than HAP40 but the resulting edge retention is great.

wow that patina and pattern is awesome.

I like that the heel doesn't hook back like some of the others you've made. I've found that it looks great but doesn't serve any real purpose. I can hold on to my knives just fine without them. And I've gotten cut a few times by that style.

Meglio is one that has that exaggerated heel that comes back.

The only thing I don't like is the square spine. At the very least, nearest the handle I would prefer it to be rounded. Not for looks but for comfort.

Even if I am pinch gripping, it's more comfortable with the heel rounded.

K-tip Gyuto

To showcase a different finish:

View attachment 150924

View attachment 150925

View attachment 150926

View attachment 150927

View attachment 150928

• Steel: HAP 72
  • Handle: Carbon Fibre
  • Bolster: Damascus steel
  • Steel hardness: 69HRC
  • Knife weight: 234 g
  • Blade length: 197 mm
  • Blade height: 43 mm
  • Blade thickness: 2.93 mm
  • Edge grind type: V (flat)

Has to be one of my absolute favourites. Incredible steel this is. Very hard blade that we finished with a forced patina. Looks damn cool. Not a hammered look but something different still.

A custom four piece set from last month.

CPM S90V steel at 63 HRC, Arizona ironwood handles and oxidised titanium bolsters. Everything lives in bespoke cases with customer's family crest etching.

DSCF1077.jpg

DSCF1081.jpg

DSCF1064.jpg

DSCF1071.jpg

DSCF1075.jpg

DSCF1087.jpg

DSCF1044.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF1068.jpg
    DSCF1068.jpg
    434.6 KB · Views: 0
Back