Possible Harner Collab - Part Three

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love one in XHP. What is the price on these? I seem to have missed it.

Wow, this has taken off! Butch and I talk a few times a week, so I'll keep on him about these. I'd love to do 5 CTS-XHP, and 5 in W2, or O1 (maybe 52100, if Butch is comfortable with it, and the HT). However, he keeps telling me he really really wants to, but is backed right up at the moment. I'll see what I can do. :)

Thanks, guys!

From Butch's website:
dsc03320sm.jpg

The one on the far right looks like Lefty's, but I could be wrong. I like the profile...I like the flat-profiled one (2nd from left) too.

Please make this happen! If the prices are not rocket high this could be the only knife I need in my home kitchen.

Please make this happen! If the prices are not rocket high this could be the only knife I need in my home kitchen.
I'm thinking something similar. In fact...it inspired me to change one of my pending orders with Butch to this size. He's got a big-ass pile of orders he's filling out right now (~40 pieces, razors and knives) and then he'll be getting in some new steel and can take on new orders. I'm going XHP but would love to see if Lefty's prebuy leads to some carbon pieces (W2 or B52[52100]).

From Butch's website:
dsc03320sm.jpg

The one on the far right looks like Lefty's, but I could be wrong. I like the profile...I like the flat-profiled one (2nd from left) too.

Yup, these are the inspiration. I sold these for Butch, or at least four or five of them, and I still use/love the zebrawood one on the right. Believe it or not, they all have the same profile, and the different look is a result of the camera angle. They are awesome pieces, and the size is perfect for cooking at home, or in a cramped setting. I'd say these are some of the most natural feeling knives I've ever used/owned, to be perfectly truthful.

That would be a cool knife. Maybe a semi-stainless tool steel?

This would be amazing. Of course Edipis' idea intrigues me. I've also never had a monosteel nor have I tried 52100 or O1, and I'm chomping at the bit to do so. So I'll take any of the three if Butch has the HT down!

I'm trying with all my sweet talking, chocolate sending charm to get him to do a batch of these, and more parers, but the line-up is long, and it's hard to make him do ten knives for my spot in the line. I will try, however. :D

O1 is Butch's baby. As is CTS-XHP.

I'm trying with all my sweet talking, chocolate sending charm to get him to do a batch of these, and more parers, but the line-up is long, and it's hard to make him do ten knives for my spot in the line. I will try, however. :D

O1 is Butch's baby. As is CTS-XHP.

What if we all bake cookies and send them to him?? It's like a petition, but tasty. :D

I thought this was the case with O1, but you said W2 and assumed I was misinformed! Regardless.... huzzah!!

No, you were right. We had the order batch a couple years ago-ish, done in W2, and they are awesome. However, Butch works magic with O1, as well. I'm not trying to create too much of a stir, but I can sense a small batch coming....

No, you were right. We had the order batch a couple years ago-ish, done in W2, and they are awesome. However, Butch works magic with O1, as well. I'm not trying to create too much of a stir, but I can sense a small batch coming....

I'm stirring! I'm stirring!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have a very nice wild venison bourguinon I can freeze and send if it will help!

I have a very nice wild venison bourguinon I can freeze and send if it will help!
yeah, send everything! Bourguignon, money, lies, puppies, women, threats or anything else that might help (or anything you want to get rid of)

I would certainly like to buy one of the batch, too, if possible. Please keep us informed.

Any idea of an estimate price for one of this? A priori I am in. If there is a stainless model I would prefer it over carbon, but does not matter really.

What is the status of this project? I would love to more details about the knife and a pricing estimate on one. Stainless or carbon. :)

I expect some coming out in the only somewhat distant future. :D

Things I will offer as collateral for one of these: 1 kidney (decent condition), one wiener dog (a bit of a barker but great cuddler on the couch), one testicle (light home use - given your screen name I know which one to offer). :clown:

I've got a custom order that will probably be parallel with these. Kind of sucks because I'm impatient, but am keeping my fingers crossed for something before the end of summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back