• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD (PRICE DROP) Goko Hamono Kogetsu White #1 240 Gyuto Wa Handle w/ Naniwa Gouken Hayabusa 4000 Stone

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Knife was has not been used or sharpened. Looking to sell CONUS only with USPS Priority shipping. Any questions on the knife, please message me. Naniwa Gouken Hayabusa 4000 Stone ($42 value) included. Stone is lightly used.

$375

$350

$325

Measurements:

Weight: 167g
Heel Height: 51.93mm
Spine above heel: 2.19mm
mid: 2.06mm
tip: 0.93mm

Image 1 - Goko Hamono Kogetsu White #1 240 Gyuto Wa Handle

Image 2 - Goko Hamono Kogetsu White #1 240 Gyuto Wa Handle

Image 3 - Goko Hamono Kogetsu White #1 240 Gyuto Wa Handle

Image 4 - Goko Hamono Kogetsu White #1 240 Gyuto Wa Handle

Image 5 - Goko Hamono Kogetsu White #1 240 Gyuto Wa Handle

Last edited:
"long blade made from Korikin stainless steel (Korikin is proprietary stainless steel and heat-treat protocol developed by Goko Hamono)"

Not sure where you got White #1 from. Unless I'm missing something (which is possible).

Edit: can confirm I was missing something

Last edited:
"long blade made from Korikin stainless steel (Korikin is proprietary stainless steel and heat-treat protocol developed by Goko Hamono)"

Not sure where you got White #1 from. Unless I'm missing something (which is possible).
The kanji says white 1

The kanji says white 1
Oh ok. Had a difficult time finding due to the Japanese URL. Hard to follow a lot of these BST when a lot of times there’s no link to where it was purchased. My apologies!

Last edited:
Oh ok. Had a difficult time finding due to the Japanese URL. Hard to follow a lot of these BST when a lot of times there’s no link to where it was purchased. My apologies!

I think there may have been some confusion as I had another similar knife for sale with different steel. It appears the questioner accidentally mixed up the posts and was an honest mistake. This is the White #1 version.

Thank you!!!

Knife-Life Japan list their goko white 1 knife as Kogetsu Hon-yaki. It probably just means that it was quenched in oil/water from a very high temperature. I really dig the profile of this knife, but it looks too much of a laser for me.

Bump. Price drop $325. I will include either your choice of Naniwa Gouken Hayabusa 4000 Stone ($42 value) or Tanso 1200/4000 combo stone ($70 value) with the sale of this knife. Both stones are lightly used.

Back