Prices of hobbyist knives 0_o

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Juice, you should start up your knife workshop and sell some great hobbyist knives on KKF. You know you are just itching to forge and make something special.
😁

I sent a screenshot of this to my wife and she is 😂 because we're about to sell this place and move semi-rural (if we can) onto a couple of acres and have a shed and some space from the neighbours.

And do some knifemaking workshops and so on as an aid to my mental health.

So... apart from the selling part, you might end up being right in a few years 🙃

Possibly unpopular opinion: all of these knives should be sold by auction anyway. The knife sells for whatever someone's willing to pay for it, and the maker collects the market value instead of a bunch of money going to flippers.

Ideally this would all be done with second-price/Vickery auctions, but I know math scares a lot of folks so...

Not sure whether unpopular, but I surely don’t agree. It is up to the maker to price his own product. If they want to auction, it is fine, but I personally would hate to sell just to the highest bidder - even if it would maximize my revenue.

Possibly unpopular opinion: all of these knives should be sold by auction anyway. The knife sells for whatever someone's willing to pay for it, and the maker collects the market value instead of a bunch of money going to flippers.

Ideally this would all be done with second-price/Vickery auctions, but I know math scares a lot of folks so...
Very practical idea.

I would argue that the free market is an auction. Price is simply what a buyer and seller agree that something is worth. If a seller prices low, he won't be able to supply demand. If he prices high, there won't be a demand. Equilibrium will be found.

Back